今天小编就来为大家带来雅思听力真题mp3下载(三),希望可以帮助到大家!
And finally I want to talk about a few adaptationsthat I think illustrate a range of approaches, andmake some comments on them.
最后我想谈谈几部我认为阐释了一些列改编方法的改编电影,并对它们做一些评论。
Do you know the Japanese film Ran?
你知道那部日本电影 Ran 吗?
I haven't seen it. It was based on Shakespeare'sKing Lear, wasn't it?
我没看过,?
That's right. It was a very loose adaptation, usingthe same situation and story, but moving it to 16th century Japan instead of 16th centuryBritain.
是的。那是一个非常自由的改编,使用了同样的情节和故事,不过把它们搬到了16世纪的日本,而不是16世纪的英国。
So for example the king's daughters become sons, because in Japanese culture at that time,women couldn't succeed to the throne.
所以原剧中国王的女儿变成了儿子,因为在那时的日本文化中,女性是不能继承王位的。
OK.I hope you're going to talk about that 1993 film of Much Ado About Nothing.
嗯。我希望你能谈谈1993年的那部 Much Ado About Nothing.
I think that's one of the best Shakespeare films.
。
It really brings the play to life, doesn't it?
它真正地赋予了那出剧生命力,对吧?
Yes, I agree. And I think filming it in Italy, where the play is set, makes you see what life was likeat the time of the play.
对,我同意。而且我认为在意大利拍摄,也就是原剧设定的地点,能让人看到创作该剧时人们的生活是什么样的。
Absolutely. Right, what's next?
绝对是。那接下来呢?
Er, next, I thought Romeo And Juliet, the 1996 film, which moves the action into the presentday.
呃,接下来,我想谈谈1996年的电影--Romeo And Juliet,这部电影把故事背景移到了现代。
Yes, it worked really well, I thought - changing the two feuding families in the original to twocompeting business empires,
是的,将原剧中两个不和的家族改编为两个相互竞争的商业帝国,
even though they're speaking in the English of the original play.
即使他们说的还是原剧里的英语,我也认为这样做非常棒。
You'd expect it would sound really bizarre, but I found I soon got used to it.
你会预期到那听起来会很奇怪,不过我发现我很快就习惯了。
Me too. Then I thought I'd include a real Hollywood film, one that's intended to appeal to amass commercial audience.
我也是。然后我想我会讲一部真正的好莱坞电影,一部想要吸引大量观众的商业电影。
There must be quite a number of those.
这种电影一定有很多。
Yes, but I've picked the 1996 film of Hamlet.
是的,但是我已经选了1996年的 Hamlet.
It included every line of the text, but it's more like a typical action hero movie
这部电影包含了原剧里的所有台词,不过它更像是一部典型的动作英雄电影,
there are loads of special effects, but no unifying interpretation of the play. All show and nosubstance.
有很多的特效,但是没有对原剧的统一的解读。华而不实。
Exactly. Then there's Prospero's Books, based on The Tempest.
是的。然后就是 Prospero's Books,根据 The Tempest 改编的。
That was really innovative, from a stylistic point of view.
从风格角度来说,这部电影真的很有创新性。
Didn't it include dance and singing and animation, as well as live actors?
这部电影里是不是既有舞蹈、唱歌、动画,又有真实的演员啊?
Yes, it did. I also want to mention Looking for Richard. Did you ever see it?
是的。我还想提一下 Looking for Richard,你有看过吗?
No, but I've read about it.
没有,但我读到过相关的东西。
It was a blend of documentary with a few scenes from Richard III, wasn't it?
它是纪录片和 Richard III 中几个场景的结合,是吧?
That's right. It's more a way of looking into how people nowadays connect with the playwright- the play is really just the starting point.
对。这次汇报更像是在观察现在的人们是如何跟剧作家联系在一起的,戏剧正是这一切的起点。
And that'll be where I finish.
我的汇报就到这结束。
Well, it sounds as though it'll be very interesting.
嗯,听起来像是会很有趣的样子。