1.take a rain check 改天吧
Model: [1998.8.北美(29)]
—— Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)
—— I’m up to my ears in work, so I’ll have to take a rain check.(我工作很忙,改天吧。)
2. lost count 弄不清楚
Model: [2000.1.(21)]
—— Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are always driving there. How many trips a week do you make anyway?(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)
——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyes closed.(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)
3. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍
Model: [1996.5.(25)]
—— Pete’s really out of it these days.(Pete 这几天有点心不在焉。)
—— Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he’s been in another world.(我同意。自从他遇见Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)
4. make yourself at home 随意,随便
Model: [1999.8.(7)]
—— Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)
—— Of course not, make yourself at home.(当然不介意,随意一点!)
5. save your breath 省口气吧;别白费口舌了
Model: [1995.10.(14)]
—— Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)
—— Save your breath. He"s out of earshot.(省口气吧。他已经听不到了。)
6. make sense 有意义,理解
Model: [1999.1.(29)]
—— The plot of that movie is hard to follow.(那部电影的情节很难跟得上。)
—— It makes more sense the second time.(再看一遍就理解了。)
7. cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂贵
Model: [1999。1。(4)]
——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda?(你看到Bill送给Linda的钻戒了吗?)
——I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg.(当然了。那一定很昂贵。)
8.burn a hole in one’s pocket 很快地被花光
Model: [1997.10 ]
——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computer yet? (你攒足钱给你的电脑买一台新打印机了吗?)
——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately . Maybe next month. (这几个月我花钱如流水。也许下个月吧。)
9.fill one’s shoes 很好地顶替;令人满意地替代
Model: [1997.8.]
——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring? (你听说Jones教授要退休了吗?)
——Yes. The faculty won’t find anyone to fill her shoes. (是的。学校将很难找到合适的人来代替她。)
10.is ice cold 表示理所当然
Model: [1995.10.]
——Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授总是来上课吗?)
——Is ice cold? (当然了。)
以上就是关于“新托福听力真题mp3”的内容,相信大家对接下来的备考内容,有更清晰的了解。