本文是Conversation1,同学们备考
Listen to part of a conversation between a student and his theater professor.
请听一个学生和他的戏剧教授之间的对话。
Hi. Professor Davis. Sorry I missed the class yesterday. I was just getting over a cold.
嗨,Davis教授,我昨天没来上课很抱歉,我感冒刚好。
That’s alright, Andrew. Feeling better now?
没关系,Andrew。现在感觉好些了吗?
Oh, yeah, fine. Um, I had a question, though.
哦,是的,我现在没事儿啦。不过我有个问题。
For the mid-term, how much do we need to know like about the different acting styles?
跟期中考试有关,关于不同的表演风格我们需要了解多少内容呢?
Since the last few chapters have been on writing our own material, scripts and stuff...well...will the exam be about that?
既然上几章是关于写我们自己的材料、剧本什么的......那......考试会和那些有关吗?
Or about stuff in the earlier chapters? Like...um...
还是跟再前面的几章内容有关?比如......
Oh, Andrew. Before I forget, I will get to your question, but, now, don’t leave without taking the tickets for tomorrow’s field trip.
Andrew,我会回答你的问题的,但是在我忘记之前,我想让你走之前拿上明天实地考察旅行的票。
I have a last-minute meeting so I can’t make it after all. But since your helped organize the trip, I’ll let you hand out the tickets.
我临时有个会议,所以我根本去不了了。但是因为你帮忙组织了这个旅行,所以我让你把票发下去吧。
I’ve got everything you need right here.
你需要的所有东西都在这儿。
Sure, no problem.
当然可以,没问题。
And you don’t need directions to the theater. You’ve been there before, right?
你认识去剧院的路,你以前去过那儿,对吧?
Yup.
嗯。
Good. Oh, oh, also, please remind everyone about the reception afterward.
很好。哦,哦,对了,请提醒大家不要忘了之后的招待会。
It’ll be an opportunity to ask Alan Altman about his acting in the play, which we can discuss in class next week.
那会是个询问Alan Altman关于他在话剧中的表演的好机会,我们下星期上课的时候可以讨论一下。
OK, I’ll tell them. It’s really something!
好的,我会告诉他们的。这真的是一件大事!
I mean, I know our acting professors must in plays all the time, but it isn’t every day you get to see one right here in town.
我是说,我知道我们的表演课教授一定一直都在演话剧,但不是每天都有机会在本市这里看到的。
Oh, you might be surprised. There’s a calendar on the main bulletin board listing all the local productions that faculty are involved in.
你可能想不到,主公告牌上有个日程表列出了我们的教职人员参演的所有本地作品。
Well, it seems like Professor Altman is a really popular actor. I just read his bio in the local paper.
Altman教授似乎是个很受欢迎的演员。我刚在当地报纸上看过了他的小传。
I know the critics always praise him, but I had no idea he was such a commercial success, too.
我知道批评家一直都在夸奖他,但是我没想到他在商业上也很成功。
And it said he just won an award last year for...uh...playwriting, wasn’t it?
而且上面写着他去年刚得了一个奖,是剧作奖,对吗?