1.take a rain check 改天吧
Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)
I'm up to my ears in work, so I'll have to take a raincheck。(我工作很忙,改天吧。)
2. lost count 弄不清楚
Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are alwaysdriving there. How many trips a week do you makeanyway?(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)
I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyesclosed。(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)
3. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍
Pete's really out of it these days。(Pete 这几天有点心不在焉。)
Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he's been in anotherworld。(我同意。自从他遇见Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)
4. make yourself at home 随意,随便
Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)
Of course not, make yourself at home。(当然不介意,随意一点!)
5. save your breath 省口气吧;别白费口舌了
Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)
Save your breath. He"s out of earshot。(省口气吧。他已经听不到了。)
6. make sense 有意义,理解
相关推荐: