我们在
1) take a rain check 改天吧
Model: [1998.8.北美(29)]
—— Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)
—— I’m up to my ears in work, so I’ll have to take a rain check.(我工作很忙,改日吧。)
2) lost count 弄不清楚
Model: [2000.1.(21)]
—— Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are always driving there. How many trips a week do you make anyway?(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)
——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyes closed.(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)
3) be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍
Model: [1996.5.(25)]
—— Pete’s really out of it these days.(Pete 这几天有点心不在焉。)
—— Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he’s been in another world.(我同意。自从他遇见Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)
4) make yourself at home 随意,随便
Model: [1999.8.(7)]
—— Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)
—— Of course not, make yourself at home.(当然不介意,随意一点!)
5) save your breath 省口气吧;别白费口舌了
Model: [1995.10.(14)]
—— Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)
—— Save your breath. He"s out of earshot.(省口气吧。他已经听不到了。)
6) make sense 有意义,理解
Model: [1999.1.(29)]
—— The plot of that movie is hard to follow.(那部电影的情节很难跟得上。)
—— It makes more sense the second time.(再看一遍就理解了。)
7) cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂贵
Model: [1999。1。(4)]
——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda?(你看到Bill送给Linda的钻戒了吗?)
——I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg.(当然了。那一定很昂贵。)
8) burn a hole in one’s pocket 很快地被花光
Model: [1997.10 ]
——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computer yet? (你攒足钱给你的电脑买一台新打印机了吗?)
——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately . Maybe next month. (这几个月我花钱如流水。也许下个月吧。)
9)fill one’s shoes 很好地顶替;令人满意地替代
Model: [1997.8.]
——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring? (你听说Jones教授要退休了吗?)
——Yes. The faculty won’t find anyone to fill her shoes. (是的。学校将很难找到合适的人来代替她。)
10)is ice cold 表示理所当然
Model: [1995.10.]
——Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授总是来上课吗?)
——Is ice cold? (当然了。)
11)like apples and oranges 用来表示无法相比的事物
Model: [1997.1.]
——Which game do you think is more difficult to learn, chess or bridge? (你认为桥牌和象棋哪个更难学?)
——They are like apples and oranges. (它俩没法比较。)
12)look for a needle in a hay stack 大海捞针
Model: [1990.1.]
——We are supposed to meet John here at the train station. (我们要在火车站接John。)
——That’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack . (那可真是大海捞针。)
13)lose one’s train of 忘记
Model: [1995.1.]
——When you interrupted me, you made me lose my train of thought. (你打断了我的思考,我忘记我在想什么了。)
14)meet each other half way 相互妥协,让步
Model: [1992.8.]
——My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I had totally different ideas about how to proceed. (我的化学课题出问题了。在进展问题上,我与我的合作者意见完全不同。)
——You should try to meet each other half way. (你们应该相互妥协。)
以上就是小编为大家带来的托福考试中常见的习语内容一文,希望各位托福备考小伙伴们能够喜欢哦!更多精彩内容尽在,预祝广大托福考生都能取得理想成绩!